Saturday, July 7, 2007

Carbquik Pancakes


Again, real pictures, no doctoring up. I made these straight off of the box. I used coconut oil to fry in. As in regular pancakes the first ones turned out kind of greasy but the rest were sort of "strange" looking. I thought they tasted fine. My husband noted the crunchy ones tasted like "pancake dust". LOL With sugar free syrup they were a fair substitute. I'm still going to look for a "real" texture. These would be VERY band friendly as they were a bit on the flat crunchier side!


2 cups carbquik - LC Baking Mix
1/8 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup water
1 stick butter, melted
1/8 cup water

Stir together and cook following directions on the box.

Made 8 pancakes - 1 pancake:

Calories: 234 (a little on the high side for me)
Fat: 20
S. Fat: 10
Carbs: 20
Fiber: 16
Protein: 8

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried a hi-protein pancake...with soy flour. Unfortunately the first attempt did not pan out as soy does not have gluten and does not hold well....am still trying.

Apparently almond flour will work as well.

Anonymous said...

I read over at the Low Carb Friends recipe helps section, under one of the recent pancake mix threads that the recipe on the side of the Carbquik box needs an egg added to it. I have never tried it myself, as I'm still trying to perfect Carolyn's recipe from the same thread.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, wow to you for maintaining a low carb diet.... I recently just found out I may be diabetic, which means no carbs for me until blood work gets back.... Anyways, I've been craving pancakes and someone told me you can make them with (pardon this spelling) Semelina flour and non-sweetened apple sauce..... Hope it helps you with your search for a perfect pancake!

Low Carb Band-It said...

Meredith - that sounds more like a low-fat pancake than low-carb. Semolina flour has 20 net carbs in only 1/4 cup, the applesauce (even unsweetened has 12 carbs per 1/2 cup. That's VERY high for a low-carb diet. A lot of low-fat dieters use the unsweetened applesauce to replace the fat in a recipe (in order to maintain moisture so they can take out some of the fat).

Good luck and keep searching! You'll get there.

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World