Saturday, February 9, 2008

Roasted Brussel Sprouts




ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS


I could LIVE on these. I kid you not, I find myself craving them. Is there something wrong with me. I encourage you to try these even if brussels aren't your favorite food. These are AMAZING and even my "not so brussel loving husband" really enjoys these. They carmalize up like onions do when cooked a while. YUMMO



I make this recipe by the seat of my pants, so I'll give you a general idea on how to make them.



Preheat the oven to 400 (if you have about 45-60 minutes to cook) or 450 (if you have about 30-45 minutes to cook).



Spray a pan with cooking spray. Cut of ends and strip outer leaves. Spread out in a flat even layer. Here's how they should look before cooking:


Spread bacon on top, so that there is enough touching about every sprout. Next add some random butter pats over the brussels and bacon. Cook until they are browned (like you see above). I tend to like them a bit more browned than they are shown above, but most people would find them perfect like pictured.

7 comments:

Vegan.Bohemian said...

OMGosh!!! I LOVE Brussel Sprouts!!! I mean LOVE them and I can't wait to try this. I'm making these this weekend. I can't wait!!! Thanks so much for the recipe :)

Vegan.Bohemian said...

I made this tonight and it was sooooooooo GOOD!!! I added Asparagus to it too. Thanks so much for such a YUMMY recipe :)

Anonymous said...

wow, it looks so easy! I'll definitely try it too :)

iheartchocolate said...

I love them too, this looks fantastic and I would have NEVER thought of it myself. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. My husband didn't think he liked sprouts until I sliced them in half and caramelized the cut side. But he's out for dinner tonight, so this one is all mine!

Zeolite said...

Ok so YUM!!! Yvonne these look delicious! I see you've not been back for a while. I hope you do come back to share. You’ve got some really great info here. Would you consider adding your blog to the Be Naturally Well community?
My readers deserve to find you. :-)
Here’s the link if you would like to be a part of this new community.
http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many Blessings, and keep up the inspiring stories!

Shelley

Vegan.Bohemian said...

Hi!!!
Where have you been sweetie??? I love this recipe so much I made a video and a link to your blog. If it isn't okay PLEASE let me know and I will delete the video and the link to you. The video is on YouTube, but it is also on my blog. Let me know.

Hope all is well with you, and thank you for the WONDERFUL recipe...it's my favorite veggie recipe EVER!!!

Peace ^_^V
Niki~

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World