Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sour Cream Spinach


This is a new recipe for my family by Dana Carpender's 15 minute Low Carb Recipes.


Wow!! All I can say is this was FABULOUS. I mean it, it's going to be a favorite and used over and over again! My husband, who does not like spinach said "Hmm, tastes like yard greens". So he didn't eat it! LOL But please remember he doesn't like cooked spinach. So take the cue that if you have a non-spinach lover, this one will NOT win them over. But if you like spinach, you'll most likely like this.

It has a very slightly tangy taste and creamy all at the same time.


Sour Cream Spinach

10 ounces frozen spinach
2 ounces frozen onions
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup light sour cream
1 teaspoon cider vinegar

Take spinach out of packaging and put in microwave safe bowl. Add a couple tablespoons of water, cover and zap it on High for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile in a large skillet, start sauteing the onion in the butter over medium-high heat.

When the microwave goes "ding", check to see if the spinach is done - you want it good and hot right through, but not cooked to death. If there's still a cold spot in the middle, stir in and put it back for another 2 minutes on High.

When the spinach is cooked and the onion is translucent, drain the spinach and stir it into the onion, combining well. Stir in the sour cream and the vinegar, heat it through without letting it simmer, then serve.

1/3 recipe yields:
Calories: 106
Fat: 8
Sat. Fat: 5
Carbs: 7
Fiber: 3
Protein: 4

1 comment:

Danyele said...

Sounds yummy - I love Dana.. I've been reading her e-zine for 6 or 7 years now. I did Atkins for years before I had WLS. And I have PCOS too .. so I guess we have a lot in common. Welcome to the Webring - looking forward to following your journey!

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World