Tuesday, June 12, 2007

LC Food Review - VitaMuffin VitaTops - Velvety Chocolate

Ok, so these are a bit on the pricey side (what LC thing isn't??). They were $18.00 for 1 dozen or $35.00 for 2 dozen, plus shipping. They are a pretty good size (2 oz). They do contain the dreaded Malitol, but I haven't had any problems with them (of course I only eat one every 2-3 days). They come in two flavors: Velvety Chocolate and Banana Nut Top. They both boast only 6 net carbs per muffin. There is NO high fructose corn syrup in them - actually NO regular sugar at all! They also contain Soy for those who need to know that information.

As for the Review:

I took their suggestion and I toasted it in my toaster oven. My husband and daughter tried them cold out of the package. My husband said it tasted like cardboard but was great to have something chocolate, my daughter pretty much spit out her bite and wouldn't finish it. Now I didn't try it cold so I can't remark on that and neither has tried them toasted, so my review is on a TOASTED VitaTop Velvet Chocolate. I will be purchasing the Banana Top this week and will review it sometime at a later date.

Ease of Use - 9 - you do have to be able to open a plastic package! LOL, but the reason I didn't give it a 10 was because you need to use a toaster oven to heat it up and I actually did burn myself getting it out! LOL So lame - I know!

Taste - 6 - I didn't really think it was that bad. Now I do smear cream cheese on the top of it. I couldn't eat these every single day. I think I'd get tired of it. It definitely has that "it's not a real muffin taste" - but I think it's pretty good anyways. Maybe I'm used to eating things that don't taste "normal" anymore. Who knows? I definitely think they're worth trying.

Band Friendly - 2 - This is going to definitely gum up in someones band and get stuck if you were you're rather snug. My band is fairly loose and I even have to be careful with these.

You can buy these here:

http://store.vitalicious.com/lowcafr.html

No comments:

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World