Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Szechuan Chicken


I took this from another low-carb website that I believe is no longer blogging/podcasting. I tweaked it myself and this is what I came out with:

Szechuan Chicken

4 each Chicken Breast - (like the kind you get in bags at Walmart - frozen but defrosted)
3 tablespoons almond meal
3 tablespoons coconut flour - Bobs Red Mill
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 drop liquid splenda
1/4 cup water
4 green onions, cut 1" long each
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (we are wimps when it comes to heat - but this wasn't even enough for a zing - I'd probably do more next time).

Cut the chicken into 1" cubes. Roll around in the mixed together almond meal (flour) and coconut flour. Heat up oil in pan. Cook chicken in oil until browned. Add the remaining ingredients and cook an additional 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. At the end stir in the cayenne and the green onions. Cook an additional 1-2minutes.

I served this over Dreamfields pasta (we just DON'T like the faux rice). You could serve this over brown rice if your carbs allowed for it. Or just eat it plain as well. It is NOT saucy. It's sort of pasty. Reminds me of a peanut butter sauce (not in taste - but texture). I liked it and would give it a 6 - my husband gave it a 4. That means "dear I appreciate the effort but don't make this again- hey how about a hamburger instead?".

Nutritional Information for 4oz of meat with clinging sauce NO noodles are in this count:

Calories: 274
Fat: 14
Sat. Fat: 8
Carbs: 11
Fiber: 3

Protein: 27

No comments:

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World