Saturday, July 7, 2007

Big Week for My Daughter & I - Suppliment Adjustments

This was a HUGE week for both my daughter and I. She has managed to lose 41lbs now and has hit the milestone of going UNDER 200lbs. She was delighted and I couldn't be prouder of her. I got to thinking how hard it is for ANYONE to lose 41lbs, but for a teenager to do it is nothing short of amazing.

The best part of it, is that she's "not starving herself" and really doesn't see herself as dieting. She is just eating "good food" and making sure she's not eating unless she's hungry and eating til satisified. WOW - how smart is that??

I have also broken through some sort of wall and managed to lose 3lbs this week. After a week of gaining 2lbs. I do believe that gain was PMS gain - which is odd as I shouldn't technically have PMS as I'm on the "pill". But that old PCOS reared it's ugly head and had it's way with me last week. So in the midst of my "cycle" I LOST 3lbs. How weird is that? I'm also down another pound since then, so next week looks good as well.

I did change up a few things this week. I'm still eating on average 1400 calories a day and under 40 carbs a day AFTER subtracting fiber and sugar alcohols (but I'd like to add I eat VERY little sugar alcohols because I try to keep things as clean as possible). I have added back the Glucophage I quit taking when I first started low-carbing as it was making me so sick to my stomach I was almost vomiting (a big no-no for lapbanders as it can cause slippage of our bands, which most of the time means going back under to the knife for a small repair). I also have added the following suppliments after looking up good ones, that Dr. Atkins recommends for those of us who are VERY metabolically challenged (the first group is what Dr. Atkins recommends and at the amount her recommends and the second group are some additional supliments I've added as well):

Chromium Picolinate - 1000mcg
L-Carnitine - 1500mg
CoQ10 - 100mg

Flax - 1000mg
Fish Oil - 1000mg
Krill Oil - 1000mg (for the anti-inflamatory properties - I hope to get off the daily Naproxen Sodium for the Fibromyalgia)

I used to take the Flax and Fish Oil before my band, but was worried they'd be too big. I've had no trouble taking them.

I can't say why I've dropped weight, but I have and I'm delighted. I'll continue taking these suppliments as long as I can.

No comments:

Celebrating My Birthday at Walt Disney World